Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday Currently Volume 2



It's been weeks since my last update and I even said I would try to post weekly (Huh!). To be honest, I was really trying to write for the past weeks. It's just that every time, I had this big wall of blankness. As in, nothing. I just stare at my blog willing myself to just start writing but nothing comes to mind or maybe nothing interesting to tell. But, today, I finally decided to just write my Sunday Currently and without further ado, here it is.


READING

Read

I have read two poetry books for the past week. They are The Princess Saves Herself On This One by Amanda Lovelace and The Universe of Us by Lang Leav.

A little teaser:

when 
someone
offers to 
save you
make it
your mission
to 
save yourself.
- I believe in you
(The Princess Saves Herself On This One)


"The sad thing is," she said, 
"the moment you start to miss someone, 
it means they're already gone."
(The Universe Of Us)


Nothing like poetry gives me the chills. It has a way of giving you emotions. A page with a few words, meant a whole lot. It can pierce you. Break you. Make you back up again. It can open your eyes and it teaches you things. 

And those two did give me a plethora of them and so much more. 


Currently Reading


“I have a feeling that when I'm Stormy's age, these everyday moments will be what I remember: Peter's head bent, biting into a chocolate chip cookie; the sun coming through the cafeteria window, bouncing off his brown hair; him looking at me.” 


So, I finally found the courage to start reading the last book of "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" Series. I have prolonged this moment because I wanted my last glimpse of Lara Jean and Peter's story to stay that way. This is the finale of the finale. And it breaks my heart knowing that.

I have nothing much to say yet since I am just at the beginning of the book. Jenny Han is such a great writer. She can give the most common occurrence in our lives so much color and life. How she can turn these little  moments into something big and wonderful. I love both Lara Jean and Peter and every characters in the book. That's why it would kill me if they wouldn't end up together!! So, please Jenny Han, give me a good ending!


WRITING

Writing this blog for this week. Will really list those writing challenges so I can start with my weekly post. It would be a great thing for me to focus my mind outside work. Diversion is totally needed.


WATCHING


Given that I have a wonderful two days off, I had extended my usual bed time and I watched Before We Go. I was also delaying my time with this movie because I wanted to have the perfect time to watch it. However, like so many things in life, I guess, you can't really tell when will that be so when the time comes you just got to do it and go with the flow (note to self).

I was really going to bed early last night due to my intention of starting that morning run (again, with the weekly whatnots). But when Chris Evans' face was flashed on the screen I became glued to my sit.

It is a bittersweet story of two people who  met at an inopportune time. On a closing train station. In the middle of the night. There is this man, grieving from a lost love years ago, waiting and hoping that a chance of getting back together will come. And a woman who's hurting from a broken love, conflicted and shattered by the thought of a possibility of an ending. In a span of hours, they crossed paths and experienced love, knowing it would end at the break of dawn. At the parting time.

An unexpected story of love. A story I will surely watch again!


LISTENING

Listening to several songs on Spotify. Too many to mention actually. But I am currently into What Lovers Do by Maroon 5 & SZA, Too Good In Goodbyes by Sam Smith, There For You by Troye Sivan & Martin Garrix, all Ed Sheeran's songsFeels by Calvin Harris, Katy Perry etc.

I was listening on the playlist while writing and just feeling the music.


THINKING

It has been a bad habit of mine to not stop thinking. So, I do have, like, a lot on my mind at the moment. I really should start toning it down since it just bothers me and really just stresses the heck out of me. Also, I should start sorting it out and to not let it overwhelm me so that I will be able to mean what I really want to say.

That aside, I was thinking of starting a business. An online clothing business. Nothing concrete yet just things floating in my head right now. Hope I will really be able to put it into fruition.


SMELLING

Cannot move on with our dinner today. I was cooking dinner (huh) which happens rarely (I am not the chef of the family and not a very good cook) and the smell was so mouth-watering. It is nothing fancy really but it was one of my favorites. My tummy has been incessantly rumbling while I cook. Missed eating GG! If you're a Filipino, you would know what that is. Tummy was satisfied!


WISHING

I wish to start to live my life more.

Have the courage to just do it and leave out all the rest.

And I wish I could just stop worrying sometimes and to stop doubting myself so much.


WEARING

I am wearing house clothes. A mismatch pair of whatevers. Haha


FEELING

I was feeling... overwhelmed. Coz' tomorrow's the day of the week. Again.


CLICKING

Several tabs right now.


LOVING

How I started to have a progress with this! Will really challenge myself to start writing weekly.


NEEDING

A ME time. Just so I can finally feel like I am living my life. Got to finally start ticking one of my bucket list off.


That is all for my Sunday Currently Volume 2!! By the way, this is a weekly post from Siddathornton's blog. Click the link to see more. And...


a parting words:

“Never say no when you really want to say yes.”
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment