Saturday, December 12, 2015

Still Alice by Lisa Genova




"She  looked back toward the beach, the landscape dimly lit. A figure approached. She knew it was John before she could identify any of his features by the bounce and size of his walk. She didn't ask him where he'd been or how long he'd been gone. She didn't thank him for coming back. He didn't scold her for being out alone without her cell phone, and he didn't ask her to get out and come home. Without a word between them, he undressed and joined her in her ocean."


Lovely book. I was halfway through Alice's journey. I don't know what to feel about this book. It actually scares me a bit. Call me a paranoid, because I always am, but I'm scared to think that I can be in the same situation as she. I am already forgetting things at a young age. Not normal like any other so I got worried a bit. But, I don't want to really think about it.

Reading this book made me realized that I shouldn't jeopardize myself. Stressing myself out of nothing. I know I am depressed and I know the implications it can bring me if I didn't stop the habit. I really don't want to think about it. I will take care of myself more. No more stress for me.

And about the book, I believe everyone should read this. You should.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment