Monday, June 30, 2014

New Found Love

There are things that we are afraid to embrace and things which we thought of as scary but, unexpectedly, it was something beautiful.

Perhaps, it is still too early to say. I am just halfway through the first month on my new school. It's been hard getting in here but I feel that it's going to be worth it.

Rashly deciding to transfer school was what I'd done. I was reading a book and it made me realize things. But leaving my second home wasn't that easy especially that last day I stepped on that school; that time when one of my professor asked me if I already  enrolled, I cried. It hurts to leave home. I have reasons and I think about them hard. It seems so selfish, rash, and crazy but I just think that if things get rough on my new school or if I can't handle the stress, the load, the people, then, I can't do anything.

Since living far away from home, many things had changed. I did things on my own, my laundry, I budget my money for food, and living with other people, I came to adjust, adapt and loosen up. Also, I feel so free.

The first day of school, I feel like a kid walking through the throng of students, feeling this heavy weight of anxiety and asking myself, "What am I going to do?", "How am I supposed to overcome this?" and telling myself that "I can't do this."

Days had passed, I met people. I got to know them. I was, almost at it, used to the new environment. I am actually loving it; The walk from school, that small two-way road with no sidewalk that I love to trudge on. Inside the school, the buildings, the place itself and the library. How can I not fall in love with this?

There was this one time when I stayed at the library late in the afternoon, reading books while catching up with my friends at my old school. I was so happy to know that they missed me. I thought they would forget about me. By around 5:30 pm, I was done with the reading and decided to go out. The place was almost vacated with few students roaming around. The sunlight at the time shone just right. The sky is at its perfect hue and the clouds, at their perfect forms.

It was beautiful. It is such a lovely afternoon. I can't help but smile. I want to capture that moment and that place, to preserve what I see. However, I wasn't able to.

But my destination was to the open grounds. I was about to meet my friend and go home together. The place had a number of students on it. Some were jogging while others were training. My spot was just right for me to witness a more magnificent view. Even though, there were quite a number of students, it was still peaceful. I really can't explain well what I saw and felt that day but it was so vivid in my mind and heart.

All I know is that I'm falling head over heels in love with this place. :)

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment