Saturday, September 16, 2017

What I have been up to lately



I know that it has been quite a while since the last time I posted. My hands are tightly tied these past few months with non-stop work all throughout the day, all throughout the week ad infinitum. Basically, my week just consist of that and I felt quite suffocated, to be honest. Too much of everything is toxic, really (note to self).

That being said, I would like to take a breather and break the monotony that is: my life, which is why I decided to re-live my blog again (Yehey!). Again. (Yes, for so many times, already). Also, this will serve as my accountability post for the weekly writing that I am planning to do (Hah!)

But first let me give you an update so far as to what I have been up to lately.

Last August 25, we had our team building x values with the theme: Ramp It Up! LIT AF. It was a 2 days one night event which is one of the highlights of the year for the company and one of the most awaited as well.


The event was held at Canyon Cove Hotel And Spa in Batangas. The day started so well even though I only slept a wink, about two hours or so. The journey had been swift and smooth, if you consider my judgment while I slept open-mouthed, trying to keep my eyes open when my lids just won't.

I wasn't able to take much photos since I was so engrossed by the place. It's been so long since I've been in a beach or see such a scenery or to see the outside world. I know, right.


The day went by so quickly. After our morning calisthenics, where we do some exercises to loosen us up and to give us energy, we went straight to what they call "values" where issues, concerns and the core values of the company was discussed openly. We were grouped together to discuss concerns about work so that we can come up with solutions. It was such a great activity for us since for a newbie it is good to see the sides of each department.


After our open forum, we went to fill our stomach. The weather that day is a bit gloomy. It rained for most of the day. Good thing, though, is that we did most of our activity indoors. 

When lunch is up, we were able to tour the place for a bit and went to shoot some pictures of us inside because it's raining. Then, around 2pm, we were called in the session hall for our team building. After that, we were by ourselves for the rest of evening (that is before dinner and the last event of the day). All we did was enjoy our room and the view. I would have add the pictures of our room but it wasn't in the computer so maybe some other time.


I wasn't able to get a good shot of our socials night so there's nothing for that, sorry. But it was one of the highly anticipated events of our team building 'cause this is where we really loosen ourselves up. Okay, so the stiff me, had quite loosen herself up. So yea. Hard to say I dance my heart out there cause maybe I'm the only one thinking that but I do know that all those few drinks I intake and was given to me was shot straight out of my system: few minutes after we're about to hit the sack. Right, talk about alcohol tolerance which I only have, like, a little. It's only a few different kinds of drinks. Yeaa, gotta be tougher next time.


With all that stress and fun, we were on ourselves the next day which we solemnly consumed at the comfort of our beds. We woke up at around nine in the morning. We planned to go swimming at the beach to see the sunrise or to catch the morning waves, but, unfortunately, no sunrise and morning waves, just us having brunch and scrunching our remaining hours swimming at the sea (for like 20 minutes). This is when everyone's already preparing and packing their things up to go home.

Forgive the awkward pose, that pic doesn't quite happen often.

All in all, it was such a wonderful experience with a great bunch of people. Next time I will enjoy it to the fullest (and not sleep all morning -meh-)

So, this is it for my lately's.
Bbye.

Love, Nix

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment